17 Fun and Creative Ways to Tell Your Partner You're Pregnant
Finding out you’re pregnant can be one of the most shocking, exciting and perhaps scary moments of your life! While many mamas-to-be can’t imagine keeping the secret long enough to plan a cute announcement for their partner, some have daydreamed of this opportunity for years and want to think of the perfect way to surprise their partner with the news. If that’s you, then you’ve come to the right spot! We’ve rounded up 15 fun, creative and shocking ways to break the news!
1. Tell him with a book: Surprise him with a gift — a wrapped book like “Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads” or “The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-To-Be” and watch the expression on his face as he puts the pieces together!
2. Hide the pregnancy test: Put your positive pregnancy test somewhere you know your partner will stumble across it. If you use a digital pregnancy test instead of the ones with lines, make sure you take the test within eight hours of hiding it as the word “pregnant” disappears after 15-48 hours depending on the brand!
3. Bun in the oven: Put a bun in the oven, turn the oven’s timer on, then when it goes off tell your partner you made him a special treat he needs to take out of the oven. See how long it takes for him to put two and two together!
4. Gift him a onesie with a personal message: Wrap a onesie for your partner and make it meaningful depending on his hobbies. A few cute ideas:
5. For the sports fan: “Dad’s Top Draft Pick” onesie For the golfer: “I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie” onesie
6. For the beer lover: “Locally Brewed” onesie For the world traveler: “I’m Going Places” onesie
7. Say it with treats: Buy your husband his favorite candy or treat and attach this cute printable note to the front of the package: “If I’m going to get fat so are you”
8. Tell him with a shirt: Let your shirt do the talking by wearing a fun graphic tee, like one of these:
“Holy Guacamole I’m Pregnant!” “#PREGGO” “Pregnant AF” “Bun in the Oven”
9. On a pizza box: Order a pizza for dinner and write “I’m Pregnant” on the inside of the lid, along with your positive pregnancy test (make sure the lid is on!). He won’t be expecting that with his pepperoni pizza!
10. Eviction notice on his man cave: Put an eviction notice up on the door of his office or man cave
11. Make him a cake: Include a special message on it: “You’re Going to be a Daddy!”
12. A homemade card: Make him a card with a sweet poem inside: “Roses are red, violets are blue, I have a secret and here’s the clue.” You can either wrap the positive pregnancy test or tape the test inside the card!
13. Tell him with booze: Buy him a case of his favorite beer or a bottle of his favorite wine and put a sign on it: “Drink up daddy. Your designated driver expires _____”
14. Break the news with a pair of shoes: Buy a pair of baby shoes and tape the positive pregnancy test into the lid of the box. If you want to get really sneaky, you can put the baby shoes in a men’s shoe box to really throw him off!
15. Let the fortune cookie tell him his fate: If Chinese takeout is a staple in your house and your partner always opens his fortune cookie — get a custom cookie made to break the news that you’re expecting!
16. With a push notification: Download a baby tracking app on your husband’s phone and set up push notifications. He’ll never expect to see the words “You’re 5 weeks pregnant today! Baby is the size of a poppy seed” on his phone!
17. With a diaper delivery: When a box of diapers mysteriously appears at your door your partner will surely be confused. When he sees the box is addressed to him, he’ll realize you’ll soon have a baby around who needs those diapers!
If you’ve already told your partner you’re expecting — how did you do it? Do you have any creative ideas to add to our list? Share this post on your social media, tag us & add your amazing ideas!