If you’re like us, you’ll take any excuse to throw a party, and what better reason than to celebrate your baby-to-be? Gender reveal parties have rapidly gained popularity over the last 5+ years, and what used to get a confused stare when explaining what exactly you meant by “gender reveal,” is now pretty much status quo. If you go searching on Pinterest for ideas you’ll most likely end up completely and utterly overwhelmed. We did the tough work for you and have come up with this ultimate list of gender reveal party ideas. From classic and classy to hilarious and unexpected, you’ll find every kind of party on this list!
- Have a classic themed party like “Bows or Arrows” or “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
- Get creative with a themed party like “Buck or Doe?”, “Pirate’s Life For Me!”, or “What will it BEE?”
- Use creative ways to reveal gender like a stork piñata, ice cream social, fortune cookies, or cotton candy
- Señor or señorita? Throw a fiesta and bust open a stork piñata to reveal the gender!
- This adorable twist on “Bun in the oven” will be sure to get a laugh from all your guests — a Gender BABY-Q!
- Throw a “Buck or Doe?” themed party.
- Have an ice cream social and give your friends and family “the scoop” on baby’s gender!
- If you want something more modern and less blue and pink, try a “Waddle It Be?” Black and white penguin-themed party, complete with adorable invites and voting ballots!
- Have a sweet and classic “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How We Wonder What You Are”
- Throw a bee-themed “What will it BEE” party!
- There are a million ways to make the “Bows or Arrows” theme unique and cute — here are a few ideas!
- Have your party guests mix up a drink to reveal the baby’s gender.
- Have a gender reveal paint fight.
- Do you have a pool? Have a gender reveal splash bash! Swim trunks or bikinis?
- Use a fortune cookie to share the news.
- Throw a backyard bbq and use cotton candy to break the news.
- Pirate or Mermaid, what shall ye be? Throw a “Pirate’s Life For Me!” themed party!
- Who doesn’t love a luau? Throw a Hawaiian-themed gender reveal party: Surfer Boy or Hula Girl?
Whichever theme you choose, we know you’ll have a blast!
What is the color scheme of the gender reveal?
Blue for a boy and pink for a girl is the traditional route, but don't feel boxed in! The world of colors is your oyster. Go for a splash of teal and peach, or why not try gold and silver for that extra sparkle?
What are some cute gender reveal ideas?
Oh, we've got plenty! Picture this: a cake, seemingly ordinary, but as soon as you cut into it, it's a world of pink or blue. Or imagine the burst of joy (and confetti) as you pop a huge balloon. And for a real showstopper, consider a piñata. Nothing says party quite like a shower of surprises!
Can't get enough of these cute gender-reveal ideas? Join our newsletter for more inspiration and receive a sweet 15% discount on your first purchase. Subscribe here today!
What is the concept of gender reveal?
In a nutshell, a gender reveal is a fun and creative way to announce the sex of the baby to friends and family. It's all about that gasp-inducing, heartwarming moment of discovery and shared joy.
What is the rule for gender reveal?
The most important thing is that everyone - especially the parents-to-be - is comfortable and happy. This is their big day, after all!
How to do a gender reveal without a party?
Party or not, you can still make the big reveal special. How about a cute video reveal? Maybe unleash your inner Spielberg and make it a little movie, or keep it simple with a heartfelt message.
What are the alternative colors for gender reveal?
If you're tired of the traditional pink and blue, shake it up a bit. Try playing with green, yellow, purple, or white. These colors can be a fun, fresh twist on the standard gender reveal palette.
Are gifts a part of a gender reveal party?
While it's common for the parents-to-be to receive gifts, the main event at a gender-reveal party is the big reveal itself. It's all about the excitement of finding out whether it's a boy or a girl!
How many people have gender reveal parties?
It's hard to put a number on this as it really boils down to personal preference. Some parents-to-be love a good party, others prefer something more intimate or private. The main thing is that it's a choice that makes you feel happy and celebrated.
What is supposed to happen at a gender reveal party?
The core event of a gender reveal party is, you guessed it, the reveal! This could take the form of anything - from cutting a cake filled with color-coded frosting to letting loose a flock of balloons in the gender color. The sky's the limit when it comes to creativity!
Now that you're all set for the big reveal, why not start planning for the little one's arrival? Check out Itzy Ritzy’s collection for all your baby needs. Happy shopping and happy revealing!